Tuesday 26 July 2011

Naked Time

Please, please explain to me why parents need to encourage their kiddies to have 'naked time' in the presence of others? I get if you want your kids to run around naked in the privacy of your own home (I get it-didn't say I would do it), but this past weekend I was at a function and two 2 year olds, from different families were running around naked-together! It's not that I'm a prude, it's that when you are 2, and not potty trained, and without a diaper, bad bad things happen. One of the kids stood on the communal picnic table and proceeded to piss all over everyone's items. Food, clothes, chairs. It was a disaster. Do you think that this incident encouraged the parents to put some friggen pants on their kid? Nope. Just let her continue to run around naked.
Not only do I not approve of naked kids in public for hygienic reasons, such as what was written above, but also for safety. We were outdoors. The kids fall. I feel like splinters or cuts and bruises will happen in itty bitty parts where there shouldn't be splinters and cuts. I mean, come on, they are 2! They trip walking on flat surfaces! Imagine grass and twigs and sand! Ugh-what a disaster.

Parents, a word of advice: keep the pants on your kid-before someone gets hurt...or pissed on!

No comments:

Post a Comment