Tuesday 19 July 2011

SHHHHHH!!!!!

I'm quickly realizing that I may be the mother of a son with Colic. Fun times. This means that I would literally stand on my head if I could get the child to STOP CRYING. We have tried singing, gripe water, bouncing, swings, chairs, walks, everything! I even caved to a pacifier (which is something I feel very strongly against using! Why introduce something you will just need to take away after). Luckily for me, he doesn't' want anything to do with the pacifier, so that's one crossed off the list.
So, my husband was sent this link, the Happiest Baby on the Block video on Youtube. In my desperation, I watched it. And what a load of crap. Ya-this guy seems to quiet the babies, but to what degree?? He's going to make the babies deaf! I'm sorry-my son passed his hearing test and i'm not interested in introducing new hearing problems later. You watch this and tell me how someone shushing in your ear at a million decibels is comfortable. Look at the babies! They look stunned! Poor things. Not sure if this worked for others, but we actually tried it (it was a long night) and it only made things worse.
If it works for you, great, but just thought I would share for a laugh!


1 comment: